Sewage backups are one of the most unpleasant and potentially dangerous plumbing problems a property owner can face. If you want to safeguard your home or business against this threat, you need to have a backwater valve installation.
Our experts at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services can outfit your property with the right system for the job and keep it in top condition all year round. Many in Ajax, Ontario, and the surrounding area trust us for their backwater valve needs, and we're confident that we can also meet your expectations.
Read our reviews and see how many Ajax residents love our fast response times, clean, courteous service, and industry-leading warranties.
What is a Backwater Valve?
Most sewage backups occur when your sewer becomes overwhelmed by a major rainstorm or runoff from melted snow. If the water level in the system rises too high, it can flow back into your home or business through floor drains and other low-lying openings — this is where backwater valves come into play.
A backwater valve is a one-way, flap-type device that allows sewage to flow out of your home but not back in. We typically install them at the lowest point in your drainage system, and they're an essential part of any effective backup prevention strategy.
Learn About Our Backwater Valve Installation Process
We understand that a backwater valve installation is a big decision, and we want you to feel confident that you're making the right choice for your property. That's why we take the time to walk our customers through every step of the process so there are no surprises:
- Consultation: We'll come to your property and assess the lay of the land and your unique needs and goals.
- Paperwork: We'll handle the necessary permits and even arrange for available credits or subsidies to help offset the cost of your installation.
- Site preparation: We'll take care of everything needed to get your property ready for installation, from inspection to concrete removal.
- Installation: Our team of licensed and experienced professionals will install your system quickly and efficiently.
- Testing: We'll put your new backwater valve to the test to ensure it's functioning correctly and up to code.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you're already dealing with a messy sewage backup. We offer 24/7 service with upfront pricing and no after-hours fees.
Invest in Backwater Valve Maintenance
While backwater valves can last you many years, they still require some maintenance to keep them functioning correctly. Our experts recommend having your unit inspected and serviced at least once a year for optimum performance. We will calibrate the system, clean the check valve and inlet screen, and inspect every component for leaks or damage.