At Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services, we know it’s easy to panic when some part of your plumbing system fails. Whether it’s a pipe leaking water all over the kitchen or a toilet that won’t flush, sometimes waiting to get help means the difference between hundreds and thousands of dollars in damage. The next time you’re in a plumbing pickle and need help ASAP, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for our 24/7 emergency help.
If you’re sick of the drains constantly clogging, call us and ask about our professional drain cleaning services.
Times to Phone an Emergency Plumber
We get it — you’d prefer to tackle plumbing problems that pop up yourself because you want to save a few bucks, and we don’t blame you. However, sometimes the problem is beyond your control or expertise, and waiting means further damage to your home. When your back is against the wall, and you need help now, you can contact Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services.
So, what situations are best handled by an emergency plumber?
- Flooding: If your home is in danger of flooding because of a burst pipe or failed sump pump, call for emergency help to reduce the damage done.
- Backed Up Sewage: If raw sewage backs up into your home, it puts your family’s health at risk from bacteria, toxins, and pathogens.
- No Water: When the water fails to flow, you’re not able to cook, bathe, wash, or go to the bathroom.
If you feel that a plumbing issue is overwhelming you or is slipping beyond your control, call the experts at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for emergency plumbing help.
What to Do in a Plumbing Emergency
Knowing what to do during a plumbing emergency often means the difference between minor and significant damage. While it’s not uncommon to lose your head during a plumbing emergency, try to keep calm and follow these steps.
- Shut off the water at the main in the house as soon as possible.
- Shut off the water heater.
- If there are any leaking pipes, use duct tape or towels to slow the leaks.
- Remove water from the home quickly to prevent mould and mildew buildup.
- Call a residential plumbing company for emergency help.
When water gets into your home, it damages floors and walls and causes mould and mildew, leading to health problems for some in your family. The sooner you call for emergency plumbing help, the less damage the water can do to your home.
If your home’s plumbing system is over 50 years old, discover the water quality difference our repiping service makes.
Our 24 Hour Plumbing Service
At Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services, we know that plumbing emergencies strike when you least expect them, which is why we’re standing by 24/7 to help the residents of Mississauga and the greater GTA. Whether it’s a burst pipe, an overflowing toilet, low water pressure, backed-up drain, or other emergency plumbing issue, you can count on our experts to be ready to help at a moment’s notice.