Dealing with a severely damaged sewage system is a headache no Oshawa, ON homeowner wants to deal with. However, thanks to new technology, there are cost-effective and efficient ways of fixing the problem of replacing old pipes. Trenchless pipe bursting allows the plumber to effect repairs without the mess and inconvenience of excavating the property. If you’re having issues with your plumbing, call the experts at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services today.
Add value and protection to your home with a whole house repipe. Call today for more information!
For many residents, trenchless pipe repair is a new concept. Most people are used to excavation to gain access to damaged pipes. Today, however, contractors use torpedo technology, which is a digging technology that allows the installation of a new plumbing system without the need for extensive digging and excavation.
The torpedo method utilizes a steel bursting head that breaks through the existing pipe and pulls new pipe behind it. The benefit to the homeowner is they get new pipe without the mess or inconvenience of a tore up yard.
For more information on this technology and find out if it’s right for you, contact Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many Oshawa residents are unfamiliar with trenchless pipe bursting technology and naturally have questions. Here are a few you may have.
What Is Trenchless Pipe Bursting?
Pipe bursting is a technique in which underground pipes are replaced without the need for excavation. The contractor digs a small hole to insert new pipe into the old system, and old pipes are burst in place.
What Is the Cost?
The cost of trenchless pipe repair varies according to factors such as the location of the damaged line and the time involved to repair or replace the pipe. Pipe bursting is significantly more cost-effective than traditional methods that require intrusive excavation.
How Long Does It Take?
Since the contractor only requires two holes, and the system uses hydraulics for power, the process doesn’t take long at all, and many pipe replacement jobs are completed in a few hours.
If you still have questions about this technology, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for more information.
We can pinpoint the precise problem in your plumbing with our sewer camera inspection service.
Benefits of Trenchless Water Line Repair
Trenchless pipe replacement allows for repairing and replacing damaged pipe without the need for extensive digging or excavation. Here are some other benefits to consider:
- Comprehensive Solution: Trenchless pipe bursting addresses a variety of problems homeowners face with underground pipes, including corrosion, cracks, clogs, and sewage backups.
- Saves Time: Without the need to spend hours digging through the landscape to access pipe, trenchless water line installation is accomplished much more quickly.
- Minimal Property Damage: Because trenchless pipe repair doesn’t require digging or excavating, the contractor doesn’t have to tear up your property, which means you can preserve the landscaping and hardscaping you worked so hard for.
- Cost-Effective: Since trenchless pipe repair technology requires only a small hole instead of a trench, you won’t have to pay for extensive digging.
- Longer Lifespan for Pipes: The new pipes we use during a trenchless pipe replacement are more durable and resistant to shifting soil, tree root intrusion, rodents, and corrosion.