Every person needs water to maintain their health and life; however, many residents here in Oshawa, ON put up with water that’s filled with contaminants and chemicals such as chlorine. To give your family the cleanest, healthiest drinking water, consider adding a whole home water filtration system. Contact the experts at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services to find out how much better a water filter can make the water coming out of your tap.
Our professional drain cleaning service leaves your drains clear and free-flowing for longer than any other cleaning method.
What’s in Your Water?
Most Oshawa residents trust that the water coming out of the tap is clean and safe to drink, which is mostly true. However, whether you get water from a well or a municipal supplier, it may contain traces of harmful chemicals and other contaminants. Here are some of the most common pollutants that you might find in your water.
- Sediment: Sediment refers to visible particles in water like dirt, rust, and sand. These particles won’t kill you, but no one wants to have them in their water. The best way to remove them is with a multi-stage mechanical filter.
- Chemicals: It’s common for municipalities to treat their water with chlorine and other chemicals to kill bacteria and other pathogens. Some people are sensitive to these chemicals, while others don’t want them in their drinking water in the first place. A water filter removes unwanted chemicals and makes your water taste clean.
- Iron: There are two kinds of iron found in drinking water: Ferrous, which is dissolved iron, and Ferric, which is rust and gives water a red tinge. Sediment filters take care of the rust, and oxidation ion exchange filters remove the iron.
You owe it to your family to provide them with the cleanest, healthiest drinking water possible. Call us today and we’ll help you decide which filter will do the job for your needs.
Want to make your life in the kitchen easier? Try adding a garbage disposal. Contact us today to find out more!
What Is a Water Filtration System?
A whole house water filter treats water as it comes into your house to give you the cleanest, best-tasting water possible from every faucet in the house. The benefit of a whole house filtration system is that even your appliances benefit from having cleaner water, and won’t suffer a reduced lifespan from hard water scale buildup.
What Kinds of Water Filters Are Available?
There are many water filters you can choose to get cleaner, better-tasting water, and the one that’s right for you depends on what is in your water and what you want to remove. The most popular water filters are as follows:
- Activated Carbon: The most common and least expensive water filter is the activated carbon filter. This canister filter is installed under the sink and uses replaceable carbon cartridges that remove debris, parasites, and heavy metals.
- Reverse Osmosis: According to many experts, a reverse osmosis filter is the one to get if you want the best filter you can buy. Reverse osmosis filters filter out the majority of the chemicals, contaminants, and heavy metals, giving you the best possible water out of the faucet.
If you’re not sure which filter option is right for you, call us for an appointment.