If you have a leaking pipe in your home that you can’t see, you have an expensive problem on your hands because your water bill will continue to rise as the leak gets worse. Sometimes water leaks are difficult to spot, so you need an Oshawa water leak detection company like Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services to find the root of the problem and fix it quickly.
When your drains run slowly or clog, you need expert drain repair. Call us today for help!
Signs You Have a Water Line Leak
A water leak that goes undetected can wreak havoc on your wallet in thousands of gallons of wasted water. While some plumbing leaks are easily seen, others are difficult to find. Here are signs to look for that indicate you have a water leak.
- Foundation Cracks: Cracks in the foundation are common in older homes, but if there is an excess amount of cracks with no discernible cause, it could be a water leak that’s the culprit.
- Higher Water Bills: When your water bill spikes and you’re not using any more water than usual, it’s a sign you have a water leak in your system.
- Water Damage: When a leak goes untreated, water pools in unlikely places and causes damage. If you see water stains on the walls or ceiling, it’s a sign you have water damage. Also, be aware of warped doors and windows.
- Mold & Mildew: Water leaks are notorious for causing the buildup of mold and mildew, which can create health problems for your family members.
Call our team of experts to detect and repair your water leak today!
How to Fix a Water Leak
Fixing a water leak quickly saves money and prevents further damage to your home. If you’re in an emergency, here are a few things you can do before help arrives.
The first thing to do is turn off the water supply to your home to stop the water waste and minimize the damage. The next step is to turn on the faucets connected to the affected pipe to drain the remaining water.
Next, dry the leaking area on the pipe, so it’s easier to repair. Lastly, you can use epoxy putty to fix the pipe temporarily until a plumber can perform a permanent repair or replacement.
If you have a water leak, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services as soon as possible in the Oshawa area to reduce the damage and money lost in wasted water.
Backflow water can harm your family! Call us and ask about our backwater valves for the best protection.
Water Leak Causes
As mentioned above, leaks can cause water damage and a host of other problems in your Oshawa home. One of the best ways to guard against water leaks is to know the main causes and what to look for. Below are the most common water leak causes.
- Broken Seals
- Clogged Lines
- Corroded Pipes
- Damaged Pipe Joints
- High Water Pressure
- Tree Root Invasion
- Rapid Temperature Changes
If you’ve noticed an increase in your water bill or any other water leak symptoms, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for expert repair as soon as possible.