Sometimes, plumbing problems are the result of obstructions within or damage to the main water line. Water main repair is best left to experts like Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services. Our technicians use the latest equipment and techniques to diagnose the problem quickly and repair it correctly the first time. Call us today if you have issues with your Oshawa, ON home’s plumbing!
Don’t let a burst pipe ruin the home you worked so hard for. Call us for burst pipe repair at the first sign of trouble.
Signs You Need Main Water Line Repair
It might not be a single pipe in your home’s plumbing system that’s the cause of your plumbing issues; rather, it could be something wrong in the main water line. Problems in the main water line are severe and require experts for repair or replacement. Here are signs that you may have issues in your main water line.
- Puddles in the Yard: If you see water pooling in your yard, it could be a leak in the main water line. Even if you don’t see puddles, watch for areas of your lawn that are greener and lusher than the rest, which is also a sign of a leak in the mainline.
- Sudden Reduction in Water Pressure: If you usually have strong water pressure, but it suddenly drops, it could be a blockage in the main water line that’s the culprit.
- Increase in Water Bills: Maybe you don’t see any leaks or signs of water damage, but if your water bill increases for no reason, it could be a leak in the mainline.
- Foundation Cracks: Constant presence of moisture around your home’s foundation causes cracks, leading to significant damage if not fixed quickly.
- You Hear Gurgling: If you hear gurgling sounds coming from your toilets or drains, it could be an issue with a pipe in the system or the water main. Call an experienced plumber to diagnose this problem and recommend a repair.
Causes of Main Water Line Problems
Of all the plumbing problems homeowners fear, a leak in the main water line is one of the worst. If the leak occurs above ground, it can quickly cause massive amounts of damage. If it’s underground, you may not know there’s a problem until it’s too late. There are many reasons why the main water lines fail, but here are the most common:
- Poor Installation: If the contractor who installed your mainline did a poor job, the line could fail prematurely.
- Thawing & Freezing Ground: When the ground freezes and thaws, it can harm main water lines, and eventually lead to a rupture.
- Shifting Soil: Subterranean conditions change, and sometimes soil erosion causes pipes to sag or shift and eventually crack.
- Rapid Pressure Changes: When the main water line undergoes sudden, rapid changes in water pressure, it can cause failure.
- Rodent Damage: Believe it or not, water main damage caused by rodents such as beavers, rats, moles, and gophers is a huge problem.
If you suspect you have a leak or blockage in your main water line, call the experts in Oshawa at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services.
If you have a stubborn clog that won’t go away no matter what, contact us for our drain repair services.
Oshawa Water Main Repair & Replacement
When the water main fails, it can cause catastrophic damage to your home and property, including ruined landscaping, damaged roads, and foundation damage. If you have issues with your main water line, you must hire the most experienced plumbers to quickly and correctly fix the problem.
Our technicians use the most advanced diagnostic tools in the industry, which means we quickly find the root of the problem so we can develop a plan to repair or replace the affected line.
If the damage is severe, you may need a new water main pipe installation. Our team will install a brand new pipe that will give you an uninterrupted service for years to come.