Whether you have clogged drains or a toilet that won’t stop running, Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services has the team and the technology to get the job done right the first time. For over 20 years, we’ve proudly serviced the GTA with the most up-to-date techniques and experienced technicians to provide our customers with a positive plumbing experience they share with their friends and neighbors.
Proudly Serving the GTA
At Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services, we strive to serve as many customers as we can. When you have plumbing problems, call on us if you live in one of the areas listed below:
If you’re in the greater Toronto area and don’t see your place listed above, call us and ask!
If you’re not convinced we’re the right plumber for you, read our customer reviews and then call for an appointment.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Most clogged drains and pipes start as minor issues, but if left untreated, they can grow into significant problems that result in burst pipes, reduced water pressure, and backed up sewage. To protect your pipes, it’s wise to prevent clogs from happening in the first place. Below are the most common reasons that drains become clogged.
- Hair: Many believe hair to be the main culprit when drains clog because it binds with grease, soap, and other thick substances to create blockages. To guard against hair going down the drain, use metal filters on your drains.
- Soap: Some soap is made with grease or fat, which can mix with the minerals in the water to leave soap scum behind. Consider switching from traditional soap to soap-free products.
- Dirt: Excess dirt or mud on your clothes builds up in drains when you wash them. Make sure you get as much dirt off of your clothes as you can before putting them in the washer.
- Food Debris: Food waste is a significant factor in drain clogs in the kitchen. Unless you have a garbage disposal, put food waste into the trash or set up a composting pile. Also, don’t put cooking grease or fat down the drain either. Put those materials into the trash or on the compost heap.
- Minerals: Minerals in water sometimes build up inside pipes leading to blocked drains. If you have hard water, consider a water softener or call a professional for regular drain cleaning to remove the buildup.
- Tree Roots: Underground pipes that develop small cracks attract tree roots, which invade the pipes and eventually stop the flow of water.
If you have a stubborn clog that you can’t fix, no matter what, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for help.
We have many financing options available to help with your much-needed repairs.
Our Drain Service
Drain repair and cleaning is a service many homeowners in the GTA need, and with so many reasons drains become clogged or damaged, it’s good to have a professional drain cleaning company like Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services ready to help. Below is a small sample of our drain services:
- Drain clogs & backups
- Drain odours
- Ageing drains
- Routine maintenance
- Drain cleaning