Here in Toronto, freezing temperatures and snowy weather are the norms. While you may withstand the extreme weather, your pipes may not fare as well. Frozen pipes are prone to bursting, which can cause significant property damage to the GTA homeowners. Call us when you need an expert burst pipe repair service!
24-hour emergency plumbing service is available at no extra charge!
Signs Your GTA Pipes Are Frozen
With all of the cold weather Canada experiences, it’s sometimes difficult for homeowners to know when their pipes are actually frozen.
Luckily, there are plenty of signs that can indicate to homeowners the need for frozen pipe repairs, including the following:
- Strange noises: Whistling, banging, clanging, and bubbling noises coming from your pipes may be a sign that your pipes are frozen.
- Foul odors: Any unpleasant smells coming from your pipes are a clear indication that there is sewage backup likely due to frozen pipes.
- Damp drywall: If you notice any wet rings on the ceiling or walls, it’s a sign that your home’s pipes are leaking or have burst.
- Plumbing problems: A sudden increase in needed plumbing repairs can also indicate that your pipes may be frozen and therefore unresponsive to treatment.
- Water and ice: If you have exposed pipes and notice they are either wet or have frost and ice buildup on them, you’ll need to call a plumbing professional immediately for service.
While there are steps homeowners can take to thaw their pipes and minimize damage, the best course of action is to call an expert plumber at Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services.
Our team is prepared to quickly and efficiently repair your frozen pipes no matter when damage occurs! We provide 24/7 emergency repair services with no additional cost for after-hours service.
Call our team or contact us online for a frozen pipe repair service at your Toronto home!
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes in Your Home
To prevent the possibility of frozen pipes negatively impacting your home’s plumbing, try implementing the following preventative measures during the winter season:
- Turn up the heat in your home.
- Take extra measures to heat up colder rooms in the home.
- Open cabinets under sinks to allow warm air to access pipes more easily.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Leave the garage door shut.
- Heat exposed pipes with a hairdryer.
- Leave faucets on a slow drip on high heat overnight.
- Call a plumber for winterization of pipes to guard against freezing.
These helpful tricks can save you thousands in unnecessary repair costs; however, they aren’t a permanent solution for protecting against frozen pipes.
If your home’s pipes have suffered severe damage this winter, call a local plumbing company you can trust for responsive service and top-notch solutions—call the Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services or contact us online now!
If your home’s pipes are over 50 years old, consider our repiping service to guard against corrosion and leaks.
Schedule Frozen Pipe Repair Service in the Greater Toronto Area
The Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services’ team of expert plumbers is specially trained with the industry’s finest tools and techniques to deliver unparalleled plumbing services to all Toronto residents. With 24/7 emergency repair services and more than 20 years of industry expertise, the only call you’ll need to make for your frozen pipes is to the Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services.