Here in Toronto, many of the homes contain old pipes that are prone to clogs and breaks, which can lead to expensive repairs and property damage. Call our experts for an inspection of your home’s plumbing to find out if your pipes require replacement.
For stubborn clogs that nothing seems to help, our drain cleaning service is the answer.
Benefits of a Whole House Repipe
If your home is over 50 years old, and still has the original pipes, chances are they’re in bad shape now. Depending on the materials used, many pipes used in GTA homes were made from clay, which is prone to cracking and leaking as they age. Here are just a few of the benefits you get when you replace your ageing pipes with new plumbing.
- Water Pressure Improvement: It’s typical for old pipes to become partially blocked, which leads to low water pressure. New pipes relieve this problem giving you the stream of water you desire from your showers and sinks.
- Adds Value: Replacing old pipes with new ones increases your home’s value if you choose to sell it.
- Prevents Leaks: As pipes age, they’re prone to leaks, which, if left unchecked, can lead to water damage and the growth of mould and mildew. Replacing old pipes with leak-proof plumbing helps you avoid costly repairs down the road.
- Rust Free Water: Old metal pipes rust as they get old, and some of that rust gets into the water you use for drinking and cooking. New pipes eliminate the problem of rust and make your water taste clean again.
How Long Does Repiping a House Take?
Repiping a home is a big job, and naturally, the homeowner wants to know how long it will take and how long they’ll be inconvenienced. While there are a variety of factors that determine the length of a repiping project, most are bromine down into phases.
The first phase is to prep the home for the repiping; this means cutting holes to gain access to water lines and removing items in cabinets and vanities where appropriate.
The next step is removing drywall to replace the pipes. Our technicians promise to be as clean and neat during this process as possible and not to leave your home a mess when they’re finished.
Once the new pipes are installed, the plumbing team patches the drywall and replaces any sheetrock they removed. Many companies complete repiping jobs in as little as two days.
If you’re interested in replacing your ageing pipes, call Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services for an inspection and consultation.
If you’re having plumbing problems but don’t know where they’re coming from, our sewer camera inspection can help.
How to Know If Your Pipes Need Replacing
To better identify whether your home needs repiping or not, be on the lookout for these symptoms of trouble:
- Low Water Pressure: Corrosion builds up on metal pipes as they age, which reduces water output and pressure.
- Extreme Temperatures: Hot water lines deteriorate more quickly than cold and can lead to scalding showers.
- Water Discoloration: If your water is tinted brown or red, it’s likely because of corroded pipes.
- Recurring Leaks: As pipes age, they fail again and again. Don’t mistake recurring leaks as everyday annoyances. It could point to significant problems in your plumbing system.
- Noisy Pipes: Your pipes should be quiet, so when you hear clicks, moans, and screeches, it’s a sign of trouble.