The best way to avoid these problems is to replace your faulty sump pump or get one installed if you haven’t yet. Fortunately, generous subsidies of up to $3,400 are available for sump pump installation from the City of Toronto.
When it comes to sump pump installation service and subsidies, Sewer Squad Plumbing Co. is the team you can turn to for expert help from start to finish! Our fully licensed and insured plumbers have extensive experience with all aspects of sump pump service, from sump pump installation to sump pump repairs.
Call 416-571-8499 or contact Sewer Squad online to schedule sump service in or around the Greater Toronto Area.
Plus, we are more than happy to:
- Walk you through the subsidy process and help with the City of Toronto rebate paperwork
- Offer 24/7 emergency service, so you always have the help you need whenever plumbing emergencies arise
- Never charge overtime fees for after-hours service
- Proudly serve the Greater Toronto Area, the York Region, and the Durham Region—we offer service in Scarborough, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Markham, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Pickering, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, and beyond!
Benefits of Sump Pumps for Toronto Homes
If you don’t have a functional, efficient sump pump, rain and other water sources can easily accumulate in and damage your home. Typically, sump pumps are in a house’s basement. They collect water by directing it into a basin and then draining out the water through a discharge pipe. A sump pump is an integral appliance that ensures proper drainage.
Here are some of the major benefits of sump pumps for Toronto homes.
Disposal of Drain Water
Sump pump installation protects homes from water damage and the improper disposal of drained water. This mechanism ensures that water is drained properly so that the lowest levels of your home, as well as its foundation, remain dry.
Is water building up in your basement? Call 416-571-8499 or contact Sewer Squad online to schedule sump service in or around Toronto, the York Region, or the Durham Region!
Protection Against Flooding & Dampness
Sump pumps are installed to protect your home from any flooding of water that hasn’t properly drained. A sump pump effectively limits dampness and moisture.
Prevention of Mold & Mildew
Given that sump pumps work to remove moisture and dampness, they can prevent mold and mildew. While that’s good news for your home, it can also give you peace of mind that you and your family are protected from mold exposure and the health risks of mold inhalation.
Prevention of Sewer Backups
If you experience a sewer can back up — in fact, everyone knows sewer backups are a thing of nightmares. Sump pumps help prevent sewer backups as they divert stormwater from the sewer line if you have a combined system.
Better Resale Value
Homeowners are likely to be attracted to a home that is protected from flooding, water damage, and mold. No one wants to live somewhere where the basement is unprotected and floods every time it’s faced with heavy rain. Plus, because sump pumps prevent water damage and limit moisture, you have less of a chance of having to repair peeling paint or damaged furniture.
To schedule sump pump installation in or around the Greater Toronto Area, call 416-571-8499 or contact Sewer Squad online now! We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing service with NO overtime fees!
Schedule Sump Pump Installation in Toronto, the York Region & the Durham Region
The professional sump pump installers at Sewer Squad have more than 15 years’ experience providing local sump pump services. We also offer the full range of drain and plumbing services, giving you convenient, turnkey solutions and service whenever your plumbing systems and equipment act up or break down! From drain cleaning and drain repair to trenchless pipe bursting and beyond, we can keep your home’s plumbing in top condition!
Call 416-571-8499 or contact Sewer Squad online to schedule sump service in or around Toronto, the York Region, or the Durham Region!
When you call us for sump pump repair or installation service, we will be in touch right away. Before we head over to start working, you’ll get:
- An email and text with the profile of the technician we are sending your way
- GPS information so you know exactly when our squad will arrive
- Top-rated service at competitive prices
Frequently Asked Questions About Sump Pumps
Sump pumps prevent drainage problems, floods, and the devasting water damage that can ensue. To highlight just how important they are, we’ve shared some helpful answers to commonly asked questions about sump pumps. For more answers or sump pump service, simply call Sewer Squad at 416-571-8499.
What Is a Sump Pump?
A sump pump manages the collection of water in a particular space, usually in basements. The pump removes the water that is collected in a sump basin. That makes them a great preventative measure against moisture, flooding, water damage, mold, and mildew.
How Do Sump Pumps Work?
Sump pumps actively pump water into a basin where it is collected and redirected from your home to a dry well, a storm drain, or somewhere else it can’t damage your home. Pumps are electrically powered, and some may have backup batteries, so they continue to operate if the power goes out.
What Is the Toronto Sump Pump Rebate?
You may have heard that the City of Toronto offers subsidies of up to $3,400 to help homeowners purchase a sump pump and get it installed by a professional. The City provides this rebate because it wants your home to be protected against severe weather. Consequently, the rebate covers not only a sump pump but also a backup battery and pipe severance of the old storm line (in other words, they cover the cost of an alarm).
How Can I Get Subsidized for Sump Pump Installation in Toronto?
You are eligible for subsidized sump pump installation if you meet the following qualifications:
- You are a registered owner of a single family, duplex, or triplex property located in Toronto that has not yet attained the maximum amount provided for by the subsidized installation.
- You own an existing home that is complete and not under construction or pre-construction.
- Your property’s downspouts are not connected to the sewer system of the city.
- Your property’s paved areas are in line with the requirements of the city’s zoning by-law.
- You have submitted your application within a year after the installation of your sump pump.
- You have provided all invoices from the contractors who installed the sump pump.
- The contractors who installed your sump pump were all licensed by the City of Toronto.
- You are free of any outstanding debts or taxes owed to the city.
Subsidies are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis, which is why we are happy to help you fill out your application as soon as possible. The application form for the Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program is available for download through the City of Toronto’s website.
What Are the Markham Subsidies?
The City of Markham offers a Markham Home Flooding Protection rebate program that aids neighbourhoods where wastewater and stormwater sewer systems haven’t been designed with today’s standards in mind. The city’s rebate can cover up to $5000 and is in effect to help property owners improve their property’s plumbing.
Unlike the Toronto rebate, the Markham subsidies require a building permit and a signed consent to enter form. The subsidy covers backwater valve installations, sump pump installation, weeping tile redirections and disconnections, and storm and sanitary drain repairs.
To be eligible for the subsidy, you must have installed flood protection devices between May 1, 2017, and May 1, 2018. To apply, you need to fill out an application for the rebate, collect invoices and payment information from your contractor, and provide paperwork and certifications that confirm everything complies with the code.
Property owners pursuing work after May 1, 2018, will be able to apply for a new installation rebate that requires the owner to adhere to the following:
- Have a home connected to the City’s sewer system
- Sign the release form
- Ensure that any new installation complies with the Building Code Act
- Obtain any necessary permits
- Disconnect downspouts from the City Sewer System
- Have no unpaid fees, tax payments, or municipal fines
- Be exempt for work orders, contraventions, or remaining municipal requirements of owned property
How Can You Protect Your Sump Pump?
Install a backup battery pack, so you’re sump pump is capable of operating when the power goes out. You can also:
- Make sure experts professionally install it: Proper installation can go a long way towards ensuring your sump pump operates in peak condition for as long as possible. If a pro doesn’t install it, essential components may not be properly hooked up, and that can mean your sump pump works harder and breaks down faster.
- Keep your drains clean and clog-free: Get routine professional drain cleaning from Sewer Squad, so your drains don’t put too much strain on your sump pump.
- Call for professional sump pump repair whenever there’s a problem: If your sump pump starts malfunctioning, get an expert out to fix it ASAP. The longer it goes without repairs, the more likely it is that more damage will occur.
Sewer Squad Sump Pump Installation: Get In Touch
Now that you know how integral sump pumps are to maintaining your home, let us help you with all of your sump pump installation and repair needs. Wherever you live in the GTA—from Newmarket, Richmond Hill, and Thornhill to Markham, Ajax, Whitby, and beyond, we’ll provide fast, reliable sump pump service!
Need sump pump installation or repairs in or around the GTA? Time for emergency plumbing service? Call 416-571-8499 or contact Sewer Squad online now!